Re: Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on February 12, 2001 at 21:44:27:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville Crappie posted by Mike on February 12, 2001 at 11:17:33:

Mike the bassassassin is a minnow type bait. You can look at it on page 227 (Bass Pro Shops catalog). These would work well on weiss. Make sure you have some of these when you come down. As far as making a descision on which lake is the best for crappie, both lakes offer some fine crappie fishing. I would have to say Guntersville as of now. The crappie are coming on strong and limiting is not a problem in spring and fall. Weiss lake is still a great lake but not like it use to be. Some will argue but I feel that since the hybrid strip and saltwater stripes were introduced into weiss, the crappie fishing isnt like it use to be. The water levels at weiss are moved more often than they use to be and this also is a factor on the overall crappie fishing at weiss. Would I be interested in fishing weiss? Most definately. It is a great lake for crappie but not as good as it was in the late 70's and 80's. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]