Re: Flats between Ditto N Decatur

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry on August 27, 2006 at 14:33:20:

In Reply to: Flats between Ditto N Decatur posted by BrokenArrow on August 23, 2006 at 21:00:52:

I fish between the highway 31 bridge and the 65 bridge. I catch about 5 blues to one flathead. I usually fish where the channel drops off and just levels out. I fish that edge. I beleive they travel the channel ledges like a highway and have caught some big flatheads that way. My biggest is 46 lbs and have caught lots in the 10 to 30 pound range in this area. Try close to the 65 bridge on either side of the river. I have caught them both on live bream and cut up bream as cut bait. They seem to like the head the best, at least for me. Some people dont think they will hit anything but live bait but i catch as many flatheads on the head of the bream as i do a live one. Hope this helps you out a little. Also have caught them on the flat between G.E. and Con AG, mostly while drifting the flat. I always catch bream for bait and they work great. Sometimes thats the hardest part, catching the bait, LOL There are other spots between those two bridges and if you know how to catfish i'm sure you should find some in that area. Good luck and let the big ones go, they are the future of this great catfish pool.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]