Re: Guntersville - Early February

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on August 24, 2006 at 09:01:29:

In Reply to: Guntersville - Early February posted by Jay on August 23, 2006 at 15:20:10:

I suggest he starts working and gets married and then watches the weather and fishing reports. :) The best months for fishing are filled with feast and famine. The moral of the story might be how marriage is a lot like fishing... you work your fanny off, want to have a good day, and sometimes things just don't go as planned.

Even if you are planning to hire a guide... it can be tough! It seems I always have the toughest fishing trips of my life every time I hire a guide. It is like roulette.. you pick your time and spot and put your money up front... if you got lucky, you are not a day late and a dollar short. Having to book so far in advance does not help matters.

Now... to answer the question... I would say March is generally better on average when considering quality and quantity. I would also say that April may be even better, but that depends on the year and weather. If you are new to the lake, old grass beds are harder to find in late winter than when new growth comes back.

Good LUCK!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]