New to bass fish - need advise pls

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Krauseb on August 16, 2006 at 11:31:45:

hey all,
New to the whole bass fishing thing. Looking for Lg-Mouth in the backwaters off Wheeler. I have a small boat, but I don't know where the bass are. How deep of water should I be fishing in (~about how far off shore?), and what kind of shoreline hints should I be on the look out for? I've noticed that all the weed/grass areas that I find are only about 2-5 feet deep and have yeilded nothing but sunfish. I've only caught 1 bass this whole year and it was off a nightcrawler on a carolina rig sitting on the bottom waiting for catfish.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. My brother is moving away soon and we've both recently got into bass fishing but haven't had any luck. I would like to have just one really good fishing trip together before he moves. We usually go out sunday morning for a few hours in the waters just south of the town of Moorseville (back water off Wheeler). So far the only thing we have caught all summer have been numerous sunfish, a few drum, 1 small lg-mouth (in Blackwell Swamp), 1 decent sized Lg-mouth (see above), and 2 catfish. Our luck stinks this year :)).

Thanks guys

PS This is a great site, keep up the great work and community guys/gals.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]