Re: Little Mountain Marina Campground Resort

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on August 01, 2006 at 14:06:52:

In Reply to: Little Mountain Marina Campground Resort posted by jd on August 01, 2006 at 09:57:41:

More info... Oddly enough, on the same day of my original post, I was cleaning off my desk looking for something else and ran across the membership info. for this place.

This was last year, but a transferable lifetime membership is $5295 with $375 annual maintenance dues. That is described as year round free camping (14 days on -7 off site) and RV towing for as little as $7 per trip. I think that is the towing from storage to the camp site. I believe storage is extra for camper and boat. I am not sure about the 14 - 7 day thing because I met some people that live at this place in their camper. It is pleasant and cheap living if you are retired since you could hardly pay utilities alone for $375/month.

Basically, if you can absorb the membership fee, you can get your money back by selling the membership and you are simply paying $375 per year plus storage fees. However, it appears that they have a catch. A membership can only be sold/transferred once for free. So the party you sell to must accept it for life, or plan to pay an additional fee which sounds like it starts at $2,000 just to be able to transfer again some day.

It is a poor man's paradise, but you gotta be able to park some money to play. If you find some good deals on alternatives, please let us know!

Good luck,
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]