Little Mountain Marina Campground Resort

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on August 01, 2006 at 09:57:41:

In Reply to: fish camps posted by jhef on July 30, 2006 at 20:45:47:

It would be hard to afford staying at a state park year round and I don't believe they offer a marina. When you say "put" a camper and "keep" a boat, I think full-time boat storage and pulling the camper back-and-forth?? I know it is a pain to own both since they can't be towed at the same time. I have the same problem. One of the few places I can think of that fits the bill is Little Mountain Marina Camping Resort. I think camping is around $300 per month full-time and the marina is reasonable as best I recall. It is pushing your 1 hour envelope, but has a lot to offer especially if kids are involved. The place is quite crowded at times, but if you don't mind people, it is a cool place. Most of the regulars keep golf carts to traverse the grounds.

They have some sort of membership program, which I am not familiar with. However, I would like to learn more about it. I have a friend who's dad is s member and he will call them and ask them to set up the camper when he is ready. Then, you only pay for RV storage instead of camping rates when not in use. I stayed there last year and got a sheet with rates. Maybe they would fax you the rate sheet. Call 256-582-8211 for more info. They have a web site that described the facilities.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]