Re: Hunting rights, property near ditto....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on July 21, 2006 at 20:04:39:

In Reply to: Re: Hunting rights, property near ditto.... posted by WTL on July 21, 2006 at 19:35:33:

WTL, From my understanding, TVA owns so much of the river bank. Last I heard it is 100 yards. About 10-15 years ago, a law was passed that made it illegal to hunt for Indian artifacts on federal land.

This was passed because there were several caught digging up burial grounds on federal land. The area area I am talking about is on Wheeler wildlife refuge. I have heard that hunting on the surface is allowed but acording to the law it is not! I know where there are several burrial grounds but I have always had the respect to leave them alone. It's just not right to disturb peacefullness.

I do most of my hunting in plowed feilds these days. I still find a lot but the quality is not the same. The plows take their toll on artifacts.
I do have a place up here in Hazelgreen that produces good artifacts. I have found several Clovis points in my area off the Flint river.

Good luck finding hunting land. It is almost impossible finding land these days to hunt.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]