Re: I got one

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allen on July 21, 2006 at 08:19:25:

In Reply to: Re: I got one posted by Steve on July 20, 2006 at 17:02:04:

It's an 05'. For starters it cuts out quite a bit at idle, and is a hard cranking motor. I know the 2+2 was designed to be fuel effecient, but you better hold on to something when you hit 2000 RPM's, if not, it will sling you out of the boat. I have mine on a 19' Kenner so it's not too bad but it will still get you if you aren't paying attention to the tach. My buddy has the same motor on a big jon boat and it is almost dangerous the way it kicks in with that light of a hull. It is very fuel effecient for trolling, I will give it that. Mine acts like it is starved for fuel, but there is always plenty in the lines. The lines are all air tight too. Each to his own, but If it were me and I had to do it all over again, I would bite the bullet and spend two more thousand and get the optimax. While your at it though you might as well get a real motor and get the yamaha 4 stroke. Don't get me wrong there are some great carb Mercs out there but the 125hp 2+2 isn't one of them. Just my $.02 though.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]