Re: Stripers on Guntersville Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Garrett on February 08, 2001 at 09:52:03:

In Reply to: Stripers on Guntersville Lake posted by David on February 07, 2001 at 20:56:08:

While we are on the subject of Stripers on Guntersville, let me share with you what I saw last summer. Several of "the guys" went camping at Buck's Pocket State Park last summer in either late May or early June. For those of you who don't know, the river there at the state park doesn't flow all year. There was moderate current in it at this time and we were camping at the primitive area which is located where the river meets the lake. The first little bit of current is about 10ft wide and 2-3 ft deep. In this little section there were thousands and thousands of 4-7inch stripe. Up above this in the first pool, there were several hundred more. I'm guessing that they were on a mission to spawn. My question is, will they be back and will it be the same size fish or should they be bigger? Maybe someone with more knowledge on their spawning habits would have some info or at least an opinion. We were using a canoe and trolling motor to get around.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]