Re: Elk River Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mikeebee on July 17, 2006 at 09:08:53:

In Reply to: Re: Elk River Report posted by Mike on July 14, 2006 at 19:35:28:

Thanks for the input. I started fishing this part of the Elk River back a ways but with limited success. I was just wondering how others approached fishing this area. I can be at the boat ramp in about 30 minutes from the house, so I have been going there pretty regular over the last year or so. When this thread came up I couldn't help but jump in. I have recently started catching fish on a fairly regular basis. I have yet to figure out a good bass pattern. I have caught a few on texas rigged worms in the log jams, but have had no luck with crank baits or finding them down deep. I know there are some bass clubs fishing tournaments out of the ramp there at the Elk River Mill Bridge, and I have seen them bring in several nice bags of fish. I just haven't figured out where or how they are catching them. But, not being strictly a bass fisherman (I like to catch whatever fish is biting), I have done pretty good on catfish drift fishing the flats. I have also been nailing the bluegills lately down deep. I have seen a few hybrid stripes hitting shad, and caught a few trolling in the channel, but only a few. So, if any of you fish there much, I would appreciate any information that you have on fishing activity on this part of the river.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]