Re: Wilson Lake Pointers?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on July 11, 2006 at 21:16:07:

In Reply to: Re: Wilson Lake Pointers? posted by John Stovall on July 10, 2006 at 10:22:06:

John, sorry for taking so long but I have not had time to respond. Between work and corn coming in, I am staying pretty busy!

There use to be plenty of grass back in town creek. Back there where the resort is. Also there use to be a lot of grass in the back end of shoal creek but I think some of the land owner over there took care of it years ago.

As far as the baits that you mentioned, all are good choices. If using the buzz baits, I would try 1/8 oz. I have caught a lot of good fish over there during willow fly hatches on 1/8 oz black buzz baits. There was a bait that I use to think was all hype called a bomber “Flat A” in spring perch color. There use to be a guide that was really pushing them so I got "caught" and bought a couple. I will have to say I have caught a lot of fish on this bait.

If I were to use a prop bait, I would try a crazy shad or a boy howdy. Both of these baits can be good later in the fall when threadfin shad start to migrate to the back end of pockets.
Along with these baits, pop'rs are good. Try dark colors in these on long tapering points late in the evenings. Make long casts across the points and work very fast.

Like I mentioned earlier in my first post, you can not go wrong with a Bill Norman Baby N in Lavender shad. Hard to beat! Sorry for taking so long. Hope I have helped in some way! Good luck and wear those life jackets.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]