Re: Smoky Mountain Fly fishing trip report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by alex on July 01, 2006 at 07:50:50:

In Reply to: Re: Smoky Mountain Fly fishing trip report posted by Bud on June 30, 2006 at 21:33:48:

Bud, I am ashamed to say it but I really dont know. I think they were size 14. I think if I would have had smaller hooks I probably would have been able to land a fish or two. The only problem with smaller hooks is I had a heck of a time tieing the one's I had on. If they would have been any smaller, there would have been no way! I turned 40 last February and my sight has gone down hill since.

I did however trim some of the hair off at times thinking that if the fish had a smaller profile, they might be able to grab it easier. I think the trout were playing with me because at times I would see the fish come up about two inches from the fly and then make contact. It almost seemed as if the fish were pushing it with their nose. One thing is certain though, those trout are not starving with all the hatches going on! This trout fishing thing is not as easy as crappie fishing. Thanks and maybe next time I go up I will do better. The scenery made up for not catching any fish!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]