Help on trout fishing in the Smoky's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on June 23, 2006 at 20:26:02:

I normally donít ask for advice but maybe someone can help. I plan on going to Gatlinburg next week for a little R and R and plan on doing some fly fishing for trout. What I want to know is does the creek going into Gatlinburg have fishable trout in it? I have already found out where to buy my permits and such and even talked to a park ranger. Does anyone know what pattern is working right now? I will be using a #5 weight fly rod with floating line and a 5 foot leader or tippet.

I searched the web and found a site that list hatches for different times of the year and it has given me an idea of what to buy when I get there but I was hoping someone might have a certain fly that works fairly well during this time period. I have been told that any form of black ant is good and some cadis patterns are also good. Any ideas?

I normally donít fly fish for trout but my nephew has been heckling me to come visit him in Colorado. This September we are going to be camping out in the Rocky Mountain national forest and fishing some of the streams, rivers and lakes. I hope we donít see to much snow and I donít experience altitude sickness! Anyway, thanks in advance and good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]