Re: Does anyone here jug fish?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flytyer on May 05, 2006 at 12:25:14:

In Reply to: Re: Does anyone here jug fish? posted by Alan Clemons on May 04, 2006 at 20:05:02:

Oh do I jug Fish!!

For bait, cut shad, cut bream, worms, chicken liver, and my favorite -- Goldfish 5".

I dont use any weight at all.
This could be length but I will do my best:
I use large swim noodles. 5" diameter. I cut them into 16" lengths. I take a 1" pvc pipe cut it to a 12" length. Jam 6" of it into the hole in the noodle. Next I take a 12oz pepsi bottle and tie on 260# duck decoy line about 12', tie it around the neck of the bottle. I keep different lengths depending on depth. This I tie to a large double ended swivel. I then take 30# monofilament and tie onto a large khale hook. Usually a 3' piece of mono. Bait them up and throw them in. They lay flat on the water and when a fish hits they stand straight up. It takes 8#'s of constant pull to hold it under water. I have caught cats up to 66# on this rig. I have only had one mono line break. They stack easy and work. I might have some pics if you want to email me. I use Hot pink noodles and orange. They are easy to see. Come to think of it, I might need to jug this weekend. THanks. Hope this helps.

-Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]