Re: Guntersville Bass Fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on May 02, 2006 at 09:45:48:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville Bass Fishing posted by Joe J on May 01, 2006 at 21:58:48:

A boat will be helpful because much of the shallow shoreline water will be covered with aquatic vegetation during warm months. A boat would get you to the other edge of the vegetation. Also, when it gets really hot, you need to get out into some deeper (cooler) water where the dissolved oxygen concentration is higher.

DO NOT THINK that the fish will be jumping in the boat if you have a boat. MOST of the people I have fished with over the years sold their boats and never fished again after getting burned out. The fact that y'all did not fish long on the causeway makes me wonder if you would get burned out too. In my opinion, there are many more bad days than good, especially if you can't pick and choose due to work and other obligations.

Bass fishing is hard work. I guess that is why it is so exciting when you finally catch a fish after hundreds of casts. However, everybody has their limit as to what is exciting vs. what is boring. I was just born with certain obsessive genes that has sprinkled much of family with fishermen.

Similar to what someone said above... I caught more fish in an old 13 foot bomber-style stick-steer boat with a Merc 20 than many of my other boats with 150's combined. You are forced to fish areas more thoroughly rather than thinking there is a magic spot upriver. If you venture too far, eventually your luck will run out when you try to outrun a thunderstorm. That is the stuff that memories are made from. hehe.

Good luck!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]