Colbert steam plant...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on February 05, 2001 at 20:17:40:

Visited the folks in Florence this past weekend (sans boat) and Stephen and I decided to try Colbert steam plant Saturday afternoon. Got there about 2pm and caught several large skipjacks, but nothing else. We did see one guy with a stringer of about 12 small stripe. Maybe the hit is better there early in the morning or late in the evening? Don't know if they were generating power, but there wasn't anything coming out of the smoke stacks. First time I visited there in years.

Almost continued over to Bear creek, but decided to head back to Florence on the Natchez trace and saw a couple of armadillos which Stephen enjoyed seeing. Stopped at Colbert Ferry landing, but the water was too low. They dropped Pickwick about 2-3 feet from saturday morning to saturday afternoon.

Anyway, we got back to Florence and tried the barge harbor near McFarland. Managed to catch 3 nice crappie (3/4 - 1 pound) around riprap using a jig under a cork fished about 2-3 feet deep. Considering the very low temps saturday morning, I guess I was lucky to catch those 3 fish. Oh yeah, also caught a drum about 3 pounds.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]