Dead fish, what a waiste!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on April 24, 2006 at 12:21:18:

Every now and then you come across events that just make you sick! All I can say is what a waist. Had a friend call me late last night and reported many dead bass in the mid lake area. (HE STOPED COUNTING AT 39) Some of the fish weighed up to 4 pounds. He even netted one that had a hook deep in its throat. My question is could this be a chemical spill? What about unhealthy water conditions? Could it be just Mother Nature taking care of the environment? Oh, I let one slip….It could be commercial fishing nets or even worse.....POACHERS! I realize that mortality rates are basic statistics and are often used incorrectly for monitorial gains.

I also would like to add that ALABAMA law states that if you catch a legal game fish in Alabama waters and it is killed, it MUST be included in the daily creel limit. I realize that a lot of individuals care nothing about eating bass, and that is fine, but if you end up killing one or (SEVERAL!) try and find someone that will use this special natural resource. I personally do not like eating bass but if I were to kill the “DAILY CREEL LIMIT”, I would not just throw them back into the water. I guess I should not be concerned though! This small little fish kill might only represent 1 half percent of the overall bass population in Guntersville. Besides, it probably wont ever happen again anyway! It is still a shame if you ask me! Have a great day and good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]