Re: Seeking more Advice on Ocean Fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on March 20, 2006 at 12:09:30:

In Reply to: Seeking more Advice on Ocean Fishing posted by G'ville Speck on March 20, 2006 at 11:34:15:

Can I go with you (GRIN) Here are 2 web sites that should let you know about the piers in area you are going to be in.www.fishpensacolabeachpier.com and www.okaloosaislandpier.com.There is also one in Navarre beach too that is very good which is located between pensacola and okaloosa.Now as to what is biting !!Mostly in close by the pier pilings Sheepshead are still biting good on live small fiddler crabs and pieces of shrimp.They are catching flounder in the early mornings and big red fish ,along with big black drum will cycle thru all day off and on sort of hit and miss.Pompano are biting some according to my Larry friend that lives there.They catch them on pompano jigs .They are still waiting to catch the first Cobia off the piers too .They have seen 2 but it didnt bite.So you might be there when they start!! if the weather will get warmer .The water temp in the gulf shore water is between 65 and 70 right now .A little nipply to go swimming in if you ask me (grin) but just right for the fish to start biting!! If you dont want to try the pier fishing then the East Pass jetties in destin(about 40 min from Pensacola) offer a hiking adventure and the opportunity to catch redfish and pompano and saltwater catfish(Beware of the poison fins).Unfortunately the 3mile pensacola fishing bay pier was closed by Ivan .They may have opened up parts of it again but i havent been been to see. ANyway hope this helps some and good luck to ya!! and the son and remember a bad day at the pier is better than a good day at work!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]