Guntersville Dam

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on March 13, 2006 at 10:16:52:

I finally got out and had to spray dust and pigeon crap out of the boat... that's what my $80/month of "covered" storage gets me. The first turbine came online at 3pm as predicted and there were several boats waiting. It was a bit congested and just before they brought additional turbines online at 4pm, a flurry of surface activity ensued with what was likely large stripers busting shad at the surface. Out of 3 tackle boxes, somehow I did not have my big jerk baits with me and the sassy shad was not getting it done.

It looked like things were kinda slow (in relative terms). I got skunked and did not see much happending from boats or bank, though I did see a few fish caught both drum and stripe. I left around 4:30 as my partner was whining. I imagine it could have gotten better before/at sunset!?!?

It was interesting that I put in above the dam to kill some time waiting for turbines to come on and the water temps were almost 63 in the channel. Below the dam, it was a steady 57. It looks like we could use some rain as low as Wheeler was.

Good luck!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]