Re: Brown's Ferry Help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on March 06, 2006 at 09:17:08:

In Reply to: Brown's Ferry Help posted by Allen on March 06, 2006 at 07:54:07:

I can't answer your questions about schedule, but I can give you some facts about their average discharge that I just looked up at the link below. In general, it ranges in Temperature from around 70 (winter) to 110 (summer) degrees F. They generally raise the temp from the upstream to the downstream monitoring station around 7-10 degrees. The two platforms that you see in the water are the upstream (to collect baseline) and downstream (to measure discharge) monitoring stations. You will certainly want to be between those for sure. I don't think that little trickle from the shoreline is the actual discharge, unless they have a retention pond to collect and cool the water. I would guess that it is piped out to a point directly upstream from the monitoring station for good mixing to meet downstream permit requirements. However, it should move out in a plume like smoke in the sky. I am not sure if the surface temperature would reflect much until you got in the right spot where the heat rises to the surface.

All of my speculation may not have any value. I will see if I can find out a little more on the web if I get some time in the afternoon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]