Brown's Ferry Help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allen on March 06, 2006 at 07:54:07:

I went to Brown's Ferry for the first time ever Saturday to fish around the warm water discharge. I was hoping to catch some skipjack to freeze and toss a line for anything else that might bite. I wasn't sure what to expect besides maybe some boils or current breaks with a severe temperature spike (main channel was 52 degrees BTW). When I got there I saw nothing happening on the surface and trolled around looking for that spike. I asked a fellow beating the banks for bass where this "discharge" was. He said its normally right here", which was straight out from the exhaust stack and the pipeline warning signs, but there was nothing. I went looked all over for a spike in temperature, all the way from the bank to other side of the main channel. I went back Sunday, same thing, nothing. What is the deal? Was I in the wrong place? I figured since it is a nuke plant they would have to cool the reactors at all times therefore having to discharge warm water. Is this not the case? Is there a "schedule" like with the dams? Thanks in advance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]