Re: when to fish picwick for bass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on January 31, 2006 at 10:36:03:

In Reply to: Re: when to fish picwick for bass posted by Bruce on January 30, 2006 at 15:55:33:

Are we talking brown fish or does it matter? I would think SM would bite before LM, maybe when water hits mid 50's or low 60's, but I sure as heck have never figured out those schooling-type black bass in any consistent manner!?!?! From what I have seen on the TN river for all species of fish, flooding and water flow tend to have the biggest effects and it varies wildly from month to month and year to year. I have a friend that keeps trying to drag me over to Wheeler/Wilson/Pickwick, and I keep tricking him into one more trip to Guntersville Lake/Dam. Regardless, we rarely catch quality black bass, so I have resorted to spring striper runs as my only reliable fishing "fix."

I don't know if I have lost my skills or if the lakes have changed, but it was no problem to go out and catch 20-30 largemouth on Guntersville 15 years ago. I thought the lake was crowded then, but little did I know .... Maybe I was just much younger and passionate about fishing with many less responsibilities so that I could go more during the week. Regardless, it sure as heck beats any other place I have lived/visited!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]