Re: Sauger Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BemisBasser on January 26, 2006 at 10:37:06:

In Reply to: Re: Sauger Report posted by Red on January 26, 2006 at 09:45:40:

Red,

I pour and paint my own jigs. I use a 1oz. football mold that I bought from Do-It molds. I pour it with a 3/0 Mustad Needle Point Hook. I tried tying hair to my jigs, but it my opinion it is to much trouble and jigs without hair work just as well. Also, when you use grubs on the jighead, you can change colors real easy. I also tie my own stinger hooks. I get my hooks from Jann's Netcraft. They are Mustad 35647R treble hooks in size 8. You can get a hundred for about $15. I also use a quick clip at the other end where it attaches to the jig eye. This way, if you break your stinger hook off all you have to is remove the old clip and snap on a new pre tied stinger. This gets you back to fishing real quick. I get them from Stamina Quality Components. It's about $4 for 50 of them. Get the large size. If you use grubs you will still need the stinger hook. Saturday the fish were just hitting the bait good. I would say that 75% of the time I catch the fish on the stinger. Personally, I would tie me up some stingers and reuse those jigs, they are too expensive at the stores not to.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]