Wheeler crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on January 13, 2006 at 08:39:58:

It's been a long time since I posted a fishing report so here goes. I got to sneak off for a short time to fish since my father has been sick and except for the crappie not biting I had a great time! Weather was perfect! I tried several areas and my partner and I finally caught two keepers. There was little current and I think this had a lot to do with it on top of me being rusty! Water temps averaged anywhere from 42 to 46 degrees in the back waters. We concentrated on shallow water areas hoping the crappie would move up on the flats once the sun came out. We covered a lot of water on 1/11/2005 but never found the mother load! The next couple of weeks I will try again and hopefully will have a better report! What little fish we caught (5 total) came on bassassassins in chartreuse/glitter and tube jigs in white and blue. (Fished on 1/16 oz jig heads) We fished these baits under cork in 3 foot of water or less. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! Good luck to everyone and wear those life jackets!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]