Re: fishing near 3M plant

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BrownFish on January 05, 2006 at 16:24:27:

In Reply to: Re: fishing near 3M plant posted by Mike on January 05, 2006 at 16:11:36:

Coming from an ichthyologist who spends more time in streams than out, the experience you're talking about is all too prevalent. The sad thing is that in many places people actually do "own the stream." Were you in a canoe and your feet never touched the streambed nothing could be said because, as mentioned earlier, the water doesn't belong to anyone. However, the streambed often falls within the boundaries of land tracts deeded to private entities, so technically it is "their property." Most of the time I try to secure permission before hitting the creek, but that's not always possible. As a biologist I'm also a moderate tree-hugger, so I wish the laws were changed to make streams and streambeds public land. However (playing devil's advocate for a moment), many individuals aren't as anal-retentive as the one you ran across and do a good job of taking care of the land and not letting some of our lazier members of society turn creeks and streams into garbage dumps. For what its worth, I sympathize with you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]