Re: Lowrance Sonar Units - Which One??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BrownFish on January 02, 2006 at 13:34:44:

In Reply to: Re: Lowrance Sonar Units - Which One?? posted by Joseph Fristoe on January 02, 2006 at 10:35:40:

Get bent out of shape if you will but I'm simply relaying what an individual with, I assume, more knowledge on the subject than I have told me. I fish on a budget, so the $200 graph fits me alot better. Also, they are very adept at picking up pods of bait, arches, etc. I frequently fish Dale Hollow and Center Hill and have successfully spooned up fish under pods of bait at depths between 50 and 75 ft and I don't just pick random spots to drop a spoon. With plenty of experience fishing the TN River, I know for a fact that very few fish (with the exception of benthic fish like catfish) are caught that deep for multiple reasons. Maybe for marine purposes the noticeably higher wattage proves to be significantly better, but for inshore fishing at the depths we are accustomed to in this neck of the woods you should have no problem getting more than sufficient data to meet your fishing needs from the more economical Eagle. As I stated earlier, these are my opinions, so the only way you can be sure is to experiment with as many sonar units as you can and see what fits you best. Maybe find someone that fishes in a style similar to yours and find out what works best for them. By the way, why would a sales rep. try and sell you the $200 Eagle when he already has you hooked on the $400 Lowrance? Just a thought, not all salespersons are "just trying to help you out."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]