a simple man goin home

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by downriver on December 21, 2005 at 00:03:03:

A small cabin upriver from lucy's branch served as a home for me my entire life. My whole family's lifestyle respectively revolves around these waters. Through joys and pain i've relied on the soothing comfort of those sunsets and those sparkles that shine so bright and simply fade. Its funny the things you learn from that river. I'm eighteen and my best friends are my cousins. My favorite fishin' buddies. My cousin was killed in the wreck at hartselle sunday niht on "thrill hill." He is home now. Seeing the prettiest waters i will never see on this earth. I write to you asking for your prayers and a small favor. Take your friends, kids, family fishin every chance you get. Introduce someone to the river. Its a whole 'nother world. A place of peace and understanding. Words cannot explain what those waters can do to the human soul. I know my cousin felt the same way. The past couple of months he would often slip off to the river without tellin anyone...i know why..sometimes some alone time on the river can sooth your soul...clear your mind and warm your heart. My life is this tennessee river. I know that every time I make a cast my cousin is making one with me. Be safe on those waters. RESPECT THAT RIVER. You respect that river it will be one of the best things and inspirations in your life. Take time to let off the throttle on your tr22 or ranger and soke up the beauty of gods creation. Thank you guys so much.

Merry Christmas and good fishin.
WEAR THAT LIFEJACKET:)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]