Tennessee Sauger Regulations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BemisBasser on December 13, 2005 at 14:13:33:

In Reply to: Re: Sauger bite posted by LEW on December 13, 2005 at 10:06:10:

The legal limit in the state of Tennessee for sauger is 10 fish that are 15", however there is an exception for Kentucky Lake (the area I was fishing). The regulations there are 10, 14" fish. I just didn't want you guys to think I was a poacher. The TWRA guys monitor sauger heavily here. I get checked at least three times per year while fishing. Heck, they get in the boat with you!! I was fishing last year with my dad and the game warden was hiding at the ramp. We were the last boat, it was getting dark, and he checked everything in my boat, not just the fish!! This is good, though. If you ever come to Pickwick, they sometimes set up road blocks below the dam. An illegal sauger here is $120 per fish. I always make sure mine measure!!!

B Price:

We kept 6, it sure was fun catching 50 though!!
The fish were relating to hard, gravelly bottoms.
Our most productive spot was @ the tail end of a large island. This is the earliest I've ever been sauger fishing. I have been after them for 10 years now. I usually wait until January to start, but not any more. I hope and I believe this will be a great year.

Jason

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]