Great Night on Guntersville - Lots of Hot Action!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TennTarpDaddy on December 06, 2005 at 01:43:52:

Man tonight was an awesome night to be on the Lake in Guntersville. Well first it was cold as bejezuz but we still rocked into the night jammin' to some country and nippin' on something to keep us warm :)

Well there was four of us in my 15 ft John Boat, which was a little tight, but we finally got into our favorite gamefish, the Tennessee Tarpon... or to some of you call Skipjack. We ended up around the Browns Creek causeway after ripping our way through the lake. The action was hot fellas! We got into a big school of 18 inch Tennessee Tarpons and had a whale of a time, probably caught about 100 between us... but i only took 50 home to clean. We love Tennessee Tarpons because they are plentiful and they are actually really tasty. We liked to eat them fried with lots of hush puppies to sop up the extra grease. MMMMMmmm! Our next goal is to beat the Alabama state record of 1 lb 7 ozs, i think we can do it, if I can keep my buddy Nalon from gettin' it to fry up, crazy guy!!!

Good luck to all and hope you have a fish that you love as much as we do the Tennessee Tarpon! Oh yeah, we caught them on spider rigs with Panfish Assassins and toughies! Good luck and strap in because they are fighters!!!!

If anyone wants to come along for this great fish, just email me to let me know, and we'll go!!

http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/Fishing/freshwater/fish/shad/skipjack/

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]