Re: Trout Fishing at Sipsey Fork

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on November 26, 2005 at 12:17:16:

In Reply to: Trout Fishing at Sipsey Fork posted by David on November 25, 2005 at 20:20:26:

If you park at the pumping station and walk the dirt road all the way up to the base of the dam you can catch alot of trout. We have caught our limit every trip we have made in the last two weeks. I fly fish and I dont catch as many as my two teen sons though. They are using a lil zebco 202 and 5 pound test and using a pack of rooster tails with spinners bought at wal mart for about 5 bucks. I think theres five lures to the pack. they seem to do best with the black skirt and silver bladed ones. I live about a mile from the dam as the crow flies and we fish there regularly. We seem to do best between 2 and dark. We caught our limit again yesterday in two hours. call 1800lakes11 to cjeck for generation schedules or go to this link

http://www.riversideflyshop.com/

I do beieve they are going to start release again Monday. but today through tommorrow night it isnt going to release. if you see an old 70 model black ford p/up with white cab top and a old man and two teens feeling way out of place but catching buckets of fish amongst high dollar flyrods that would be us.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]