Re: Cold Front Information/Questions?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on November 14, 2005 at 12:04:05:

In Reply to: Cold Front Information/Questions? posted by Bob D on November 14, 2005 at 11:46:39:

It has always been my experience,that right(6hours or less) before and during the front the fish are very active/biting especially the Sauger from the bank below Gville.The best days are always with the wind blowing and it raining/dark and overcast as the front advances and passes.The following day especially if its BRIGHT is dead until very late in the evening after the sun has gone down enough to cast a shadow from the bank.Crappie are the same as far as catching them on structure before and during the front ,but are worse after it passes than Sauger not to bite or so it seems to me.I have heard that the bright light as well as the high pressure change(going from low pressure to high) is what causes the fish to shut down after a front moves thru.But ,that said I have caught fish right after them ,just not as many and harder to entice to bite.The biggest problem is usually that before the fronts ,the WIND!!!Around here it will usually be howking out of the Southeast or South or the Southwest. It can make for hard and unsafe conditions if you arent careful or experienced,also lightening can be a problem but usually not during the dead of winter months.Late feb and march can be bad though.I know its pretty vague but hope this helps some.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]