Cold Front Information/Questions?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob D on November 14, 2005 at 11:46:39:

I'm looking for some info/help with weather patterns relative to the cold fronts that will now be coming thru on a regular basis for the next couple of months. I have often heard that fishing is excellent in front of an incoming cold front (How much in front of: 6-12 hours, 1 day?) as well as behind the cold front(1 or 2 days or is it hours?). Are these fronts accomponanied with a rising or falling barometer, (high versus low pressure fronts)? I have often heard that on a falling barometer or at 29mb forget trying to get a crappie to bite anything. How is lake fishing on the Big G or Wheeler versus fishing in the spillways affected and associated patterns that are effective. Do the fish get real tight on the cover and come down with a case of lock jaw or is it a feeding freenzy type affair? Additionally, do prevailing winds from the West versus North or East have much play? I know this is a lot, but I have to imagine that many other fisherman are interested in this type info as well. I am primarily interested in crappie and sauger fishing and how these species are affected.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]