Re: Observations and comments

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry Weeks on November 14, 2005 at 11:38:14:

In Reply to: Re: Observations and comments posted by Kerry Grissett on November 12, 2005 at 23:18:50:

I couldnt agree with you more about the $$$ tournament guys. They show less respect for the everyday fisherman than anyone on the water. I know this for a fact because i'm on the water 3 or 4 days a week. I have been almost rocked out of my boat by these guys speeding by so close and then they stop to fish less than a hundred yards away. There is a thing called courtsey, and from my expearence those turnament guys show very little of that. Most people i see on the river are very courtious, slow down when your fishing a spot and will even chat with you went going by, but the tournament guys dont seem to have but one thing on thier mind and that's $$$$. Enough on that, we all know thats a problem on the river. Kerry, they havent been biting where i usually go and i know you know where that is. Was catching a few in early Oct. but the last month i havent caught much. Stop by and fish and shoot the breeze with me someday. You know where i'll be. For that 10 percent of tournament fishermen who do show courtsey i thank you, for the 90 percent of the others all i can say is i bet you wouldnt like someone speeding by you at 50 mph while you are struggleing just to stay in the boat due to someone's wake, wanting to fish a hurndred yards away. WAKE UP out there. The water is for all of us to enjoy, so be courtious and respect your fellow fishermen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]