Re: SP's, catfish Blackwell Swamp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ozzybass on October 14, 2005 at 21:22:18:

In Reply to: Re: SP's? posted by DG on October 14, 2005 at 08:05:11:

G'day y'all,

Thanks for all your replies guys. To answer a question from you & to pose a few more of my own:

SP's - yes, I mean soft plastics. Maybe its an Aussie thing as they are huge there now. Australia is definitely behind the US in fishing trends. I bought my 1st spinnerbait there only in 1996 when they were just starting to be popular!! Doesn't mean they (SP's) haven't been available there for many years, but they have really taken off in the last 3 yrs or so. I've always had some in my tackle pack and used them occasionally, but they have been embraced in a huge way only relatively recently. There are young guys there that think SP's are the only way to go. I'll have to say that I've used SP's more & caught more fish on them here in the last 12 months than I have in the last 15 yrs in Oz. (Yes - Aussies like to call Australia "Oz")

Catfish - OK, as they are a relatively common catch on lures here, I'll expect to catch a few more from now on. Can't really complain as the 2 I caught the other day sure livened up a quick afternoon session. Not exactly sure what sort of catfish they were. I'm presuming they were channel cats around here. I don't think they were flatheads as I think they're a brown color?

Blackwell Swamp - where's that? Any good for bass?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]