SCA Classic 2005

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Mitchell on October 14, 2005 at 20:42:57:

Hey guys.......I was holding out for some pics to post with the classic results, but haven't got them back yet...I'll post some later.

If you haven't ever fished Wheeler/Wilson Lake this might make you want to try it sometime......This was a record for SCA and for what I'm told is the largest winning weight ever recorded at a catfish tournament of 7 fish or less.....We had a 6 fish limit for two days......the top four teams weighed in a combined total of 904.7 LB's of Bluecats, that is a record for any catfish tournament in the U.S.A.....here again this is not 100% confirmed yet, but I believe we have set multiple records at this event...fourth place was Greg and Kim Ledbetter with a 6 fish limit of 186.6 LB, Kim also caught big cat on the second day with a 61.4 LB Blue......third place Andrew Wilbanks and Larry Muse with 212.2 LB of blues caught from Wilson Lake, 5 of the 6 weighed 198.14 LB and were weighed in the first day.......second place was Ray Ferguson with 242 LB he was also fishing Wilson in 10-20ft of water, he also weighed 5 the first day that topped the scales at 213.10 LB, and one blue the second that weighed 28.6......First place went to Richard Woodruff and Mike Mitchell with a six fish limit that weighed 263.15 LB, these blues came from Wheeler Lake, we also weighed 5 the first day that weighed 250.3 LB and only managed a 13.12 on the second day to finish the limit.....Richard had Big Cat of the event and year as well with a 63.9 LB Bluecat.....Overall there was a total of 37 cats brought to the scales that weighed 1185 LB's, thats an average of 32 LB per fish......$2600 in cash and prizes were awarded to the top 6 places....I appreciate everyone for making this year a huge success and would like to invite everyone to join us in the upcoming SCA events.

Special thanks to our sponsors Minn-Kota, Loki Nets, Phil King's Guide Service, TrophyCats Guide Service, Poledaddy Rod Holders, Tennesee Valley Outdoors Magazine and Catfish Supply Company.

Please practice CPR (Catch, Photograph, and Release)

Check the webpage for pics to be posted soon

Thanks,

Mike Mitchell
256-673-2250
SCA
www.southerncats.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments: