Locust Fork in Mt Olive report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ErikH on October 04, 2005 at 23:49:14:

Me and some of my buddies from work went to Buckshort Bridge in Mt Olive after work today.I knew it was gonna be bad when there were 3 of us and no one saw the need to bring a lantern.Mine is at another buddy's house,who wasn't home when I went by there to get it.By the time we got there it was just about dark.I caught a few crawdads before it got too dark to see,and put one out in the middle of the river.As I was rigging up my other rod,the first one tried to head for the water,it was a big fish,naturally I was hoping for a big cat,but it was just a drum,about 7 lbs or so.By then it was too dark to see to tie a hook on,had to build a fire so we could see how to fish.I caught another drum on a nightcrawler,about 3 lbs.I have caught some nice cats under that bridge,but not tonight.Nobody got a bite after that,and we gave up about 9pm,after losing several hooks and sinkers each,you get hung up about half the time there.Not the best trip,but I did get to skunk my buddies,and any fishing trip I can get away with during the week is a good trip.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]