Re: G-VILLE DAM

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SPOON on October 04, 2005 at 09:53:57:

In Reply to: Re: G-VILLE DAM posted by Red on October 04, 2005 at 08:42:00:

Red,I seldom fish off of the wall or with live bait but I have in years past. Most of my time up close to the dam is spent in the bend fishing a foley spoon or top water. I have not seen anyone having trouble catching bait,when they do they usually come down in the bend with throw nets and I haven't seen much of that. So I would say bait should not be a problem. I have seen alot of fish caught in the mornings when the water is first turned on and is running half speed.The fish are caught on live bait,carolina rig with about a 3/4 oz. weight. Then when the water is turned up (it usually idles for one hour)the bite turn off and most every one goes home after about an hour of no bites. I believe that if they would change over to a three way with a four oz. weight and throw out to the first turbin and walk it down the wall they would continue to catch fish after the water is turned up. If the water is to swift and the down stream elevation is at 558 or higher try fishing those yellow tails at the ferry crossing 8 lb. test #2 hook NO WEIGHT and let it swim and drift around the ferry crossing there are some big spots there at times. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]