Re: Spoon?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SPOON on September 29, 2005 at 09:44:38:

In Reply to: Spoon? posted by Allen on September 29, 2005 at 08:20:35:

Allen in any tail race water you will hang up but your best chance to catch fish is on the bottom strip most always either feed on top or bottom. With that said the easiest way to rig this is use two 3/8 oz. split shots about 18"-24" up the line from the spoon if you will wrap your line one time around each split shot it will keep the split shot from sliding on your line.next you will need to learn the bottom (there are some places you cant fish this rig such as the old ferry crossing) but just below the ferry cross you can cast for a couple hour before hanging up. If you fish up close to the dam you can match your weight or cast angle with the current so that the spoon hits bottom every few feet.How I fish this:I cast wait a few seconds to hit bottom and just slowly reel when the spoons about 10 yards from the bank I pull my lure off the bottom and reel on in to avoid hang ups.I use a 2" spoon close to the dam and a 1 5/8" spoon when I move on down river past the point. I have read that strip get in holes on the bottom out of the current and wait for bait to drift by I dnont know if this is true but if it is this explains why the rig works so good because I cant think of a rig that gives me a better chance at droping my lure in these holes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]