Re: More on increasing mpg - fish more!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on September 27, 2005 at 19:36:45:

In Reply to: Re: More on increasing mpg - fish more! posted by Red on September 26, 2005 at 13:37:51:

I wrote about Alex going from about 14 mpg to 25.5 mpg. He gave me his mileage and gas figures from his first fill up after slowing down to 50 mph and that's what I came up with. One thing I haven't made mention of is how much city/highway driving you do on a regular basis. Also, how heavy the traffic is during your driving. I believe Alex's EARLY morning drive is almost all highway and nearly traffic free. I am not so sure about his afternoon drive though.

For me, my daily route is relatively flat and I have no problem going 50 mph, although everyone does pass me there is not a lot of traffic compared to the Huntsville area during the same morning and afternoon hours. I do very little or as little as possible city driving. I combine trips when city driving is required. Just the same as on the highway; accelerating slowly and smoothly, anticipating stops (coasting to a redlight instead keeping my foot on the gas pedal, etc.), trying to choose routes that require less stops and keep me moving. If you look around, you will see lots of people continuing to accelerate up to a light even when it was obvious long before they get there that they will have to stop!

I can understand that some people get mad when they come up on you driving 50 and on occasion (especially on 2 lane roads with higher speed limits) I will drive a little faster (55 or 60), but only as long as is necessary to get to an area (4 lane, etc.) where folks can pass me and I always stay in the right lane on multilane roads.

Anyway, glad you are trying it and let us know how much improvement you see!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.

I guess the President reads the NAFF as he recently asked the American people to try and conserve gas! lol!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]