A reminder to keep your fishing license up to date...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ErikH on September 25, 2005 at 21:37:25:

I sure did get lucky today,me and some friends pulled up to go fishing,and just as we walk down to the water the marine police pulled up.As they were checking licenses I went to get mine out and when I looked at it,it had expired a month ago!I had never even thought to check it until they pulled up.I had bought it in August last year and for some reason had thought I had bought it in October.None of us had any lines in the water yet,so I just walked back to the truck and started loading my fishing stuff back up.They came over and asked me why we were giving up so soon,I told them I had just figured out that my license was expired,so I couldn't fish.One of my friends had a good license,but had left his billfold at home,another friend didn't even have a license.They let us go,I'm not sure but I have heard that if they wanted to they can get you just for carrying a fishing pole and not having a license.Would have been a bad day if they had pulled up about 5-10 minutes later when everybody's line would have been in the water.I am glad to see them out there checking licenses though.I have lived here for about 14 years and have only been checked 4 times.Twice at smith dam,once at guntersville dam,and then today at henry dam.We need more enforcement out there,it wouldn't bother me if they raised the license fee if it would pay for more game wardens.When I used to live in TX I would get checked regularly,and it seemed like the fishing was alot better in most places there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]