Re: fishing logan martin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flipper on September 21, 2005 at 13:34:38:

In Reply to: fishing logan martin posted by bassman6243 on September 20, 2005 at 18:42:50:

I have fished LM for years and it can be tough at times. LM gets alot of pressure from boaters , skiers & fishermen these days. 95 percent of my fishing is done on the lower end of the lake from just above clear creek to the dam. Typically I fish for spotted bass using baits like small bear hair jigs tip with a 101 chunk (black on black on rip rap,docks & points/ 6 lb line)-bitsy bugs (blk & blu). Crank the points & humps with 12 footers / green bellys & blue backs. Shad raps are good also. Early morning you better have about a 4 in bone color pop r or rebel topwater on I prefer the ones with 3 set of treble hooks. I have had big spotted bass to EXPLODE! on these. I would use at least 12 lb test with these. If you fish at night make sure use a short arm single colorado blade red & blk spinnerbait using a slow roll yo yoing retrieve and a buzz bait (BLACK) along the river channels. A few years back I was fishing at night and I had several spotted bass in the boat and 5 of them at 5 lbs or better on a black buzz bait. I now live in Huntsville but my mother in law still lives on the lake and I don't get to fish it as much as I use to but there is nothing like stickin! those spotted bass. Let us know how you do.
God Bless and Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]