Re: fishing logan martin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clint on September 20, 2005 at 23:29:49:

In Reply to: fishing logan martin posted by bassman6243 on September 20, 2005 at 18:42:50:

I just started fishing LM this Summer quite a bit so I'm not real sure when the Fall patterns will start kicking in as well as how things are affected when they start lowering the water. I will say that there are a ton of houses on that lake so you could fish docks and boat houses all day long and only hit a fraction of them. Plus there is a good bit of off shore structure that is pretty easy to find with the map. I'd definitely call and get the tenative water generation schedule for Logan Martin dam and start with hitting docks and points (with docks) on the main river and creek mouths when they're running water. I'm sure that looking for bait fish up in the creeks would be worth a look too if you're getting into October but it's my experience that you will almost always find good chunky coosa spots hanging out on the main river year round. As far as lures...I'd go with a hand full of your confidence baits according to the conditions, though it's hard to beat 4" worms on jig heads for numbers and never really seems like a bad time to throw a jig.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]