Re: hey scot or allen

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allen on September 14, 2005 at 08:31:21:

In Reply to: hey scot or allen posted by jhef on September 13, 2005 at 19:51:18:

Well, as you probably know there arenít too many ramps on the upper end towards the dam. I always put in behind the G-ville dam on the north side of the river (431 side) versus the south side (Arab side). Both ramps are about equal. As far as tactics go, I usually catch my skipjack right at the back side of the dam, then start at the 2nd bluff (Merrill Mtn. I think) drift in the deepest parts. There are plenty of other holes near the bluffs. I certainly am no pro but I try to stay in the deepest parts of the river, sometimes itís in the middle sometimes its closer to a side. I have had the best luck lately in 45+ ft of water. Most of the big cats I have seen (been living here less than a year) have not come from directly behind the dam like I always thought, maybe itís the time of year I donít know. Feel free to ask, and I will try to share my limited knowledge. Phil King wrote a good article on drift fishing, give it a glance. http://h2ow.com/catfish/drift_fishing.html.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]