Re: Dang it here's the link

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on September 10, 2005 at 13:10:23:

In Reply to: Re: Dang it here's the link posted by Stoned on September 09, 2005 at 16:29:46:

I remember back in the early 70's up to about 1986 I knew of a man that had a big ol pontoon boat on Lewis Smith Lake and sold bbq sandwiches and beer. He had it rigged up pretty good and he never got caught as far as I know. In 1979 he got 24 bucks for a case of Bud(or so I am told lol) That was really high but you didnt have to go back to the boat ramp get in the car and drive either to another bootlegger or all the way to Jefferson county to get beer. He now has a huge house within view of Duncan Bridge all bought and paid for with bbq and beer. If you were visibly drunk he would not sell to you. Most folks would get enough to run up the lake and come back by on the way back for more. That way they didnt keep large amounts in the boat with them. I bet in the area of Mauldins Fish Camp there is enough aluminium cans on bottom to buy a new house with. There is still a vintage can or two washs up every now and then at my place. Anyone else remember how the area where the ramp is at the dam used to be packed with hundreds of folks partying etc back in the old days? That whole field would be full on holidays. I went over there as it isnt but a mile or so from me and with my first elcheapo metal detector I found five rings an old times and so much change I quit and went home from a sore back. My sons still go over there regular to hunt and although it isnt a goldmine anymore they always find plenty of old change to make it worthwhile

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]