Re: Beer and Dummies (Check this story out !)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Red on September 08, 2005 at 13:35:15:

In Reply to: Re: Beer and Dummies (Check this story out !) posted by Joseph Fristoe on September 08, 2005 at 10:53:58:

It actually was on TVA land, in Marshall county and you can hunt these areas of TVA land, so firearms are permitted.

TVA generally has it marked well were you are NOT allowed to have firearms, such as around the dams etc. and as you said, on the Wheeler Wildlife Refugee Area they are prohibited.

There are several thousands of acres of TVA property along the Tennessee river that is open to hunting with firearms. TVA will provide a map of these areas.

I have killed many deer & turkey on these well marked properties. Some were huge bucks.

Anyway, while I have a piston permit, the weapon I got out and loaded, was my 6 year old's 20 gauge, single shot, with bird 8 shot, but nobody knew that but me and I also knew there were other more powerful guns within arms reach :))

Anyway, I considered calling the Marshall county sheriff but I doubted there was a lease law for county/rural/out-of the-city-limits in Marshall County and really not sure how/when anyone could have gotten to where we are at. The second thought was the Marine Police but I not sure what he could of done by the time he would have arrived, because I had seen him leaving Ditto toward Decatur when I came out of Ditto.

No matter, this was a real time situation that had to be handled real time. I did not consider calling law enforcement until they were gone.

I could have gotten their numbers off the boat and call it in but I decided that it would better to just let it lie. Hopefully, they learned a lesson. But who knows, they said they got the numbers off my boat and were going to call the law. I offered my cell phone and told them I would give them my business card, but they were not interested. I also stay at the location for an hour.

Law or not, jail or not, if the dog had jumped into my boat on its second visit, it would have gotten a face full of 20 gauge bird shot to start off with.

I am just glad that it did not turn out worst than it did and I hope I never see those people and that dog again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]