Re: Game warden made me pour out 3 beers in.....m

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on August 22, 2005 at 10:50:46:

In Reply to: Re: Game warden made me pour out 3 beers in.....m posted by Clint on August 21, 2005 at 23:04:41:

It has been many years... probably around 1990... I was fishing Chambers County Lake in one of their leaky rental boats. We had probably a 12-pack of empty beer cans floating INSIDE the boat and more in the cooler. We got stopped by a game warden and I specifically asked him if it was his job to enforce drinking on the water. He said that was up to the marine police. Of course, as I understand, a game warden has full police authority and can pretty much do whatever they want to enforce any law if warranted to support their mission. This guy just checked our licenses and let us go. I think we was amused with the amount of water in the boat (We fixed several of the boats with chewing gum over the years) and all the floating cans. As I recall, an empty bag of porkskins flew out of the boat as he was approaching us. He did tell us to go and pick up the empty bag when leaving.

I think you did the right thing cutting your losses and cooperating. It is actually scary to think about the number of law officers I have met over the years that were on a power trip. I guess having authority makes up for the lack of pay and risks.

I have pretty much decided that alcohol anywhere outside the home is a risky proposition these days.

-jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]