Game warden made me pour out 3 beers in.....m

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clint on August 20, 2005 at 23:55:56:

In Reply to: Game warden encounter on Wheeler posted by Joseph C Fristoe on August 19, 2005 at 12:47:19:

Flint Creek last spring. My partner and I weren't drinking nor were we planning on drinking them until after weigh in (if at all)...it was 8:00 a.m. for goodness sake. The wardens asked for me and my partners licenses, and checked our livewell (for legal crappie...we were fishing a bass tourney, go figure). He asked what was in our cooler we told him "our lunch, several cokes, and a hand ful of kool-aid pouches" and of course "2 or 3 beers". He asked if he could search the cooler which we said of course, we had nothing to hide. He found that we had been completely honest with him but told us that he would give us a choice to either write us a ticket or pour out all the beer (all 3 of them). I just poured them out, I didn't argue with the man...we were losing precious time in a tournamnet...we just wanted them to leave. My question is what were his grounds for writing us a ticket and or pouring out the beer? According to state law you may not have an open alcoholic container, which we did not (no empty beer cans either). As far as I can tell there is no law about possessing alcoholic beverages...but like I said I wasn't about to argue with the guy who had already WASTED way more time than was necessary. Is there any such local law or was the guy just mad because he was checking licenses and I was slaying the bass?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]