Re: Agree with Snapperking

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on August 13, 2005 at 11:07:06:

In Reply to: Re: A mess of bream posted by Snapperking on August 12, 2005 at 15:40:18:

There have been some big bream on bed still over the last couple of weeks, those I've seen have been near boat houses. We also have another willowfly hatch going on and a few big bream shallow eating them. But, I agree with Snapperking, fishing deep is much more consistent. 18 to 25 feet. I haven't tried waxworms but I'm sure they work great. A small piece of nightcrawler also works it don't take much.

Drifting a tiny tube on a 1/16oz head on very light line along the deep bluffs is probably my favorite way now. We also catch a lot of them just outside the hydrilla lines on the main river channel in deep water up toward Goose Pond. Just drift the small tube jig outside the deep grass line when the current is moving. Some big yellow perch are also hitting in the deeper creek channels just inside the creeks (Alreds and Seibold) in 14 to 18 feet of water.

White stripe are starting to school in open water, so keep an eye out for them as well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]