Re: Trailer tags

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on July 29, 2005 at 13:07:39:

In Reply to: Re: Trailer tags posted by Alex on July 28, 2005 at 13:11:36:

Believe me... I have been counting my blessings since I had to once move to north Atlanta (Marietta) from 7/97 - 9/00 for a career opportunity. Boy was I ever glad to be back home! The Chattahoochee River is about like Cotaco creek through Atlanta. After I first moved there, I packed up for a fishing trip below a dam on Lake Alatoona (Etowah River I think). I stopped at K-mart to get a license and asked a girl if people fished there and here reply was "I don't never pay no attention to nothing like that." I figured, geez, quadruple negatives... this aint so much different than home in North Alabama. When I got to the area I had studied on road maps, I basically found a very small creek below the dam. Suddently I realized that this aint Kansas Toto. I was used to fishing for stripers below Guntersville Dam on the mightly TN River. I could see the bottom all the way across this "river" flowing out of Lake Alatoona.

I learned many things while over there in all that traffic. The only time I fished again for those 3 years was while visiting home and 2 other times in a pond with a coworker. As for the emissions test, that was a license for some people to steal. I worked with a girl that had to have a carbureator tweaked to the tune of $450 to pass emissions tests. It seems that the people with old smoky vehicles never had much of a permanent residence and were able to tag vehicles through cousin's addresses in Alabama and south Georgia and such. They were still around!

There is no perfect system. However, you are correct. I am thankful to have a home in North Alabama! I can't wait for some cool fall air though.

Good luck!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]