Re: Trout Stocking on the Sipsey Fork

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on July 20, 2005 at 17:29:04:

In Reply to: Re: Trout Stocking on the Sipsey Fork posted by Red on July 20, 2005 at 09:43:57:

They do the actual stocking from the visitors overlook. Cross the bridge just past the fly shop on Hwy 69 and follow the signs. I think it is a right and another right up the hill.

There is a flume there which they use to "dump" the trout down to the water. They usually stock between 3000 and 4000 1/4 to 1/2 pound fish each stocking. They will bite very readily right after stocking, but size is small as I listed average weights. I don't know how long after a stocking they stay in the area. As for an exact time? It is hard to say. You might contact the fishery (Dale Hollow) or try contacting Keith Floyd. You can find his email on the DCNR's site http://www.outdooralabama.com

Seeing as how this stocking is scheduled for tomorrow, I doubt you will be able to get a response quick enough by email to help. If you can find a phone number for the fishery that is doing the stocking, you might try that early in the morning.

Good luck and good fishin'

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]